PADI Open Water Course, Phuket – Three Day Course Incl Six Boat Dives – 14,500 THB
Discover a whole new world underwater with the PADI Open Water Course, Phuket with Super Divers. Learn to dive in crystal clear waters, warm temperatures and beautiful surroundings whilst completing the first recognised certification in recreational diving allowing you to dive all over the world. The PADI Open water course,Phuket takes just 3 days and is a combination of theory, pool and open water dives – the required number of open water dives to become certified is four, however at Super Divers you receive a total of six dives, an additional two are complimentary, allowing you to enjoy the ocean as a certified Open Water diver which builds confidence, and improves newly learned skills like buoyancy control.
The PADI Open Water Course, Phuket teaches student divers the foundational knowledge and skills they need to dive with a buddy, independent of supervision. We also make sure there is a good mix of dive sites to widen your dive experience, including a day trip to dive at Koh Phi Phi & Shark Point, where there is a possibility of seeing Sharks and Turtles. Also a day at Racha Noi & Yai where the visibility is usually excellent, with beautiful corals, amazing marine life and there’s a slight chance you may see Giant Manta Rays depending upon the conditions.
What to expect on your PADI Open Water Course, Phuket:
Day 1 – You will be picked up around 8am and brought to our Super Divers office in Patong. Here you will be introduced to your PADI Instructor who will teach and dive with you over the three day course. The morning will be spent in the classroom where you will watch the required PADI Open Water course videos and get to understand basic dive theory with your allocated Instructor. Then after lunch you will be taken to the swimming pool where you will learn the practical skills required for the Open Water course with your Instructor – skills include regulator recovery, clearing water from a flooded mask and buoyancy control. As we keep groups small for our courses, the day will finish between 4pm and 6pm.
Day 2 & 3 – Both days will be on the dive boat. You will have the opportunity to dive at both Phi Phi and Racha Noi & Yai as we visit both dives sites on alternate days. Ahead of each dive your Instructor will give you a full brief of the dive site, what to expect to see and a review of the skills you learnt in the pool which you will complete in open water. Each day you will complete three dives at the dive sites, the last two are complimentary so you can enjoy the beautiful underwater world as a qualified open water diver.
PADI Open Water Course, Phuket Includes:
- PADI materials, PADI certification fee, all scuba diving equipment.
- Super Divers PADI Open Water Course includes six dives at the best dive locations, where students will scuba dive at Phi Phi & Shark Point as well as Racha Noi & Racha Yai!
- Complimentary hotel pick-up on the first day of the course to bring you to the dive centre in Patong, and complimentary return transfers on days two and three, when you’ll be diving from the dive boat. Complimentary pick up from Kamala, Patong, Karon, Kata. (From other areas additional charges may apply)
- Breakfast, lunch, snacks and refreshments on the boat.
- Complimentary Super Divers T-shirt which can be collected from our shop in Patong
- No surcharge for credit or debit card payments.
- A friendly team with patient, adaptable & experienced Instructors.
Minimum Requirements for the PADI Open Water course, Phuket:
- Minimum age is 10 years old (Junior Open Water – Max depth 12m).
- Be able to swim.
- Be in general good health
- Be ready to have fun!
- Complete and sign the PADI Open Water course Medical Statement.
- (You can view a copy of the medical statement HERE)
What’s not included:
- Transfers back to hotels after the first day in Patong is finished.
- Underwater photos and video may be possible from dive staff on the boat as an optional extra, usually 1,000 THB per day
(Please note as the PADI Open Water course, Phuket is our most popular course we advise to book early to avoid disappointment)
Why choose Super Divers, Phuket?
- We were the first Phuket dive centre to base our business model on offering excellent customer service.
- We endeavour to offer more value than our competitors at a competitive price.
- Great dive boats, comfortable, well maintained, and safe. Great food too!
- We only use Instructors who have the very best skills & qualities, which makes them among the best in Phuket
- Our Instructors are very experienced, safety conscious and enthusiastic. We have a regular team of Instructors who are exclusive to Super Divers, hand picked by the management team.
- Whilst ensuring safety is the number one priority, our Instructors give our PADI course divers as much freedom and independence as possible during the dive, while being alert and close by to offer assistance if needed.
- We replace our equipment regularly so it’s in excellent condition.
- We have small group sizes for customer enjoyment as well as safety.
- We have the best refund and cancellation policy we are aware of in the dive industry in Phuket – we offer FULL refunds for cancellations received before 7:00pm the evening before a scuba diving course commences.
Interested in the PADI Advanced Open Water Course? More details here where you can find all the information on what you will learn on this course.
Short on time? Then why not complete both the Open Water Course & Advanced Open Water course in just 4 days at a cost of 25,500tbh.